JOIN OUR TEAM?
A Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for resolving escalated service issues, coaching other engineers to resolutions, engineering and implementing complex projects, and for maintaining and overseeing the technology of their assigned accounts. This role is a key position within the service department and will be called upon to resolve the highest level technical issues.
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
Internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure.
Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint
Virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Work escalated support issues related to Microsoft’s core business solutions, WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, security, and remote access solutions.
- Perform network assessments, security audits and new client consultations
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Work with Sales Team to Engineer projects, identify new products and solutions, and research solutions for existing clients
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Be available for other engineers and coach them to resolution
Required Advanced Technical Proficiencies:
- Hyper-V, vSphere, Citrix, SQL, and Terminal Services
- Exchange Server 2003 – 2016
- Windows Server 2003 – 2016
- WAN Technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN)
- SonicWALL: CSSA/CSSP
- Labtech Certified Professional
- MCSA Server 2016
- MCSE Server Infrastructure
- OSX troubleshooting
- VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Cisco, SonicWall, OpenVPN, IPSec).
- Security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a like role or 3 years of experience working in Managed Services
- Entech works in the education sector. A qualified candidate must be able to pass an FBI-Level background check.
- A qualified candidate will have a clean driving record and be insurable under Entech’s automobile policy.